Ingredients (for 2)
200g olive oil
1 bunch of spinach
salt and pepper
- Peel and slice potatoes (1/10th inch), then wash them in cold water. Peel and slice onions.
- In a frying pan heat olive oil and place potatoes and onions, cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for approximately 40 min, mixing from time to time. When cooked, drain and keep the oil.
- Wash spinach and separate it from stalks. Blanch leaves in boiling salted water for about 1 min, cool down in a bowl with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl place hot cooked potatoes and onions, spinach (you can chop very roughly), eggs and egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of reserved oil and tip inside potato and egg mixture. Shake the pan couple of times and stir once or twice. Cook on medium to high heat for approximately 2-4 min.
- To flip the omelette place a lightly oiled plate (so the mixture will slide easily to the frying pan) on top of the pan and with a fast but controlled move turn the pan upside down and slide the omelette back into the pan. You can add a bit of reserved oil to the pan before sliding the omelette back into it.
- Cook the omelette for 2-3 min on that side and repeat the flip over movement. Enjoy!
Tip – if you want the omelette to be well done, just cook it longer.