My Russian colleague brought me pine nuts, which her parents brought her from Siberia. So, I decided to do a pasta dish for staff food.
Ingredients (for 5)
- 1 bunch of basil
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 160g pine nuts (toasted)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 60g of Capers
- 120c of calamata Olives
- 200g of cherry tomatoes
- a handful of rocket leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Boil some water (add one teaspoon of salt for every litre of water). Add pasta and cook Al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking make a sauce. Cut garlic on a half, remove stem and blanch for few seconds in boiling water. Blend together olive oil, blanched garlic, pine nuts and most of basil (leave some for decoration of the final dish).
3. Cut tomatoes and olives on halves. Place tomatoes, olives, capers and pesto in a bowl
4. When pasta is cooked mix it in a bowl with all ingredients. Add some cooking water to it. Check and correct seasoning.
5. Now plate and garnish with basil and parmesan. Enjoy!