1 cup of rice
1.5 cups of mineral water
2 tbsp of olive oil, vegetable oil or ghee
0.5 tsp salt
plus water for washing rice
- Wash rice in a pot changing water 2-3 times.
- Fill a pot with water and leave the rice to soak for 20-30 min. Then get rid of this water and rinse the rice well.
- Place washed rice into the pot, and cover it with water (it would be for each 1 cup of rice 1.5 cups of water). Add oil and salt. Cook on medium-high heat till all water, which covered the rice has gone. It would take approximately 7 minutes.
- Cover pot with a lid and cook on a LOW fire for 5 minutes. Then switch off the fire, open the lid, mix rice with a fork and cover the pot with a lid. Leave pot (without touching lid) for 10 min (preferably oh the same spot where you cooked it). Enjoy!
- Use any herbs or seasoning with your rice, same with oil. Try instead of oil add a nob of butter.
- Never touch the lid (I mean never lift it). By doing this you are letting steam escape.