Ingredients (for 2)
1/2 red pepper
1 green pepper
2 garlic cloves
1 chicken breast
1 tsp paprika
brown chicken stock
salt and black pepper
- Toast pasta in an oven at 160C (320F) for a few minutes. Some chefs add olive oil and salt at this stage some don’t. You decide.
- If you decide to prepare brown chicken stock – chop chicken bones, roast them at 180C (356F) for 30 min with mirepoix (carrots, onions, celery and leeks) then place in the pot, cover with water, add bay leaf and thyme, cook for an hour and a half.
- To make sofrito saute onions and peppers in some olive oil for 5-10 min, then add garlic and fry for another 10 min. Then add cubed chorizo and chicken. Fry for 5 min then add grated tomato, then add toasted pasta and fry for a few minutes.
- Add strained hot chicken stock till it completely covers pasta, season with salt and pepper and cook on a stove for 5-7 min, then you can finish it in the oven – 180C – 5-10 min.
- Serve it with alioli. Enjoy!
- I didn’t put a quantity on stock – it’s individual, some chefs serve it ‘dry’ some really ‘saucy’. Remember pasta will absorb liquid the longer you cook it.
- You don’t have to make brown chicken stock – use stock cubes if you are in a rush.