Ingredients (for 2)
- 1 duck breast (500g)
- salt and pepper
- 300g aubergine
- 200g mixed bell peppers
- 10g garlic
- 150g onions
- 300g tomatoes
- 250g courgettes
- 40g extra virgin olive oil
- Duce the aubergine, place inside the colander and sprinkle with salt.
- Score duck skin, season with salt and pepper and sear it in a deep pan on a low flame. Once enough fat comes out, increase the heat to medium and sear duck breast from all sides. Then leave the duck breast to rest.
- In the duck fat sear peppers, then close the lid and cook them for about 10 min or until soft. Then place the peppers into the bowl and cover with a plate or a cling film.
- Into the same pan add some olive oil (or you can use duck fat), onions and garlic. Saute for around 5-7 min. Add the aubergine. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5-7 min.
- Add diced courgettes and grated tomatoes. Cook uncovered for around 7-10 min.
- Add skinned, seeded and diced peppers. Season with salt and pepper and place duck on top. Switch off the heat, but leave the pan on a stove. Duck cooked this way will be cooked pink. If you want the duck to be cooked medium or well done, you should braise it separately with a small amount of samfaina, so the vegetables are not being overcooked.
- When the duck is cooked to your desired doneness, rest it for a few minutes and slice thinly. Enjoy!