Here sharing with you a recipe which we use in a restaurant at the moment. You will end up with 14 portions. If you want to make less – reduce the recipe accordingly.
- 1.25kg of double cream 35%
- 341g egg yolks
- 181g caster sugar
- 211g milk
- 1 vanilla pod
1. Bring to boil milk, then add sugar. Split vanilla pod longwise, scrape seeds and chop. Then add all that to boiled milk and sugar. Leave to infuse for 24 hours.
2. The next day pass infused milk through a fine sieve and add to the remaining ingredients. Mix well with a whisk.
3. Portion into deep plates 140g each portion. Then film individually (or use tin foil). Cook in the oven at 100C (212F) for 1h 30min.
4. When cooked (should be set), leave in a counter for 10-15 min. Then change the film and leave it in the fridge, ready to be served.
5. To serve sprinkle 1tsp of caster or brown sugar on top of each portion. And using blowtorch burn it until forms a caramel cup on top. Enjoy!