Ajoblanco is cold soup made of almonds. This dish originally from Andalusia and translates as ‘white garlic’ from Spanish. Recipe is very simply and tasty.
- 500g almonds not toasted, peeled
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 100g stale bread
- 800g of water
- 100g extra virgin olive oil
- 20g vinegar of Jerez
- Salt to taste
- To garnish some grapes, fresh or toasted almonds or any other nuts, olives, raisins, garlic croutons, etc.
1. For best results soak almons in cold weather overnight. This way soup will be easier digested and extra creamy. If you have no time to do it, skip this step.
2. If using soaked almonds blend them in the same water with the rest of ingredients. Don’t forget to remove stem from garlic before blending.
3. Check seasoning, pass through fine sieve, if desired and chill.
- If you don’t want strong taste of garlic you can blanch it for about 10 seconds in boiling water, then refresh in ice-cold water.
- If you want extra creamy finish use more olive oil
- This soup will last up to 3 days, stored in the fridge